Thursday, August 14, 2014

Movies and Storms

This morning was a little rough for Miss Mila which resulted in spending most of the morning snuggled up on the couch watching movies. She is definitely an outdoors babe so I finally picked us up and got us outside. It was gloomy but cool, perfect for a little walk. We walked through the woods and then found a field. Once I told her she could go in, she dove right through the wildflowers. She kept calling out "Animals?", probably hoping to see a deer sleeping like we've seen before. We watched bugs and picked a handful of flowers. Once she was satisfied, we started our way back home. For some reason today the passing cars made her nervous. She would stop as soon as she saw one, spin around and slam into me, gripping my leg as tight as she could. Every time she would say "I scared. Cars!" I've never heard her say anything scared her so I was really taken aback at first. After the third time of her doing this, I just held her tight and told her that mommy would never let anything get her, especially those cars. Mila, you are the sweetest soul I've ever met and it is a gift to be your protector, your safe haven. I will protect you for always... except for when you are dancing on the porch, slip on your sippy and cut your eye open on the railing. Then I take you to the med center to get two, gaudy, blue stitches apparently.





















No comments:

Post a Comment